About Cranleigh School
Cranleigh is a school for students aged 3-12 years who have moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, including students with physical and complex issues. Class groups are small, and students are placed in class groups according to their age and educational needs. Each class group has a teacher and at least one assistant.
The school is part of the Kippax area community. Other schools in the community include the new school at West Belconnen (Kingsford Smith School). The school is supported by parents and the local community.
The school enrols students who are ACT residents who live north of Lake Burley Griffin. Students are referred by parents, teachers and counsellors and recommendations for placement are made by the ACT Department of Education and Training.
Our School Vision Statement
Achieving potential together
Our School Mission Statement
- develop the individual potential of all students
- foster an environment of mutual respect
- promote an understanding of individual difference in the wider community
We value and believe in
- Engaging parents and the community
- Demonstrating high expectations of student learning
- Lifelong learning for all
- Providing a rich curriculum
- Promoting student independence
- Professional working relationships
- A welcoming, safe and stimulating environment
- Reducing our impact on the environment
- Celebrations and fun